Set up Okta Mobility Management on an iOS device
Okta Mobility Management (OMM) secures your mobile device and configures it to access your work email, calendar, contacts, and applications. If your administrator enabled OMM, you must enroll in the service.
Before you begin
Check if you use Okta FastPass, open Okta Verify and tap your account. If Okta FastPass has a green checkmark, your organization uses the Okta FastPass sign-in method.
If your organization uses Okta FastPass, you can’t use Okta Mobile. To access your applications, go to the Okta Dashboard in the mobile browser, or tap Open dashboard in Okta Verify.
Start this task
- Install the Okta Mobile application on your iOS device.
- Tap the Okta Mobile app, then sign in to Okta Mobile:
For Oktapreview tenants, enter the entire URL in the Site name field (for example: https://yourcompany.oktapreview.com).
- If your organization has set up two-factor authentication, you are prompted to authenticate Okta Verify or by sending a code to your phone.
- Set up and confirm a new Okta Mobile PIN:
Okta recognizes that the device is configured and eligible for Okta Mobility Management (OMM) and automatically prompts you for enrollment.
- You are prompted to secure your device in order to access work resources. Tap Get Started to begin your enrollment.
- During the installation process, follow the instructions on the screen.
You may be prompted to enter your device's PIN.
- When the installation is complete, you may be redirected to Safari. If this happens, tap Open to open Okta Mobile.
- The device is now enrolled in OMM and the Okta App Store is displayed.
If you have been assigned any mobile-enabled applications, you immediately see those apps listed in the Okta Mobile App Store. You still have to install each application.
- Install any app on your device by tapping INSTALL. Once an app is installed, the INSTALL button becomes an OPEN button. Tap OPEN to configure the native app for this device.
If any of the apps already exist on the device, they are considered unmanaged and are not subject to Okta's security policies, but they will appear on the Okta Apps store page. You should remove any unmanaged versions of managed apps from your device, then reopen the Okta Mobile app.
Your admin may have configured OMM so that documents in managed apps can only be opened by other managed apps installed on that device.
When a new app is made available for you, that app automatically appears in the Mobile Apps Store on your device. Install it. Note that you can uninstall a managed app at any time. Okta Mobility Management doesn't prevent you from doing so.