Enable or update Touch ID on macOS devices
If your device supports Touch ID user verification, you can use Touch ID on your macOS device to verify your identity for an Okta Verify account. In some cases, Touch ID is required. In these cases, you must enable Touch ID if you require access to your account.
Note for administrators: Okta Verify for macOS is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
Okta Verify features are available based on configurations made by your organization.
Start this task
- Open Okta Verify.
- On the Accounts screen, click the account for which you want to disable Touch ID.
Click Enable Touch ID.
If this is the first time you are setting up Touch ID, proceed to step 9; otherwise, proceed to step 4.
- The account details screen includes a message if Touch ID is required or needs to be updated.
- The Enable Touch ID button is not available if Touch ID is already enabled.
- In the new tab that opened, enter your username.
- Click Next.
- Enter your password.
- Click Verify.
- Close the browser tab. Your procedure is complete.
- Click Set up, and then place a finger on the Touch ID sensor when prompted, to set up Touch ID.
- Repeat steps 2 to 8.
For example, click the Okta Verify desktop shortcut, or if the app is running, from the menu bar extras, click the Okta Verify icon > Open.
If an account has an indicator beside it, Touch ID is required but not enabled or Touch ID was enabled but requires an update.
The Your identity has been verified message appears.
The Not now button is not available if Touch ID is required for the account.
The Touch ID enabled screen verifies that your Touch ID was successfully added to your Okta Verify account.