Configure Windows Hello or passcode verification in Okta Verify on Windows devices
If your device supports Windows Hello or device passcode verification, you might be prompted to enable this feature in your Okta Verify account.
Note for administrators: Okta Verify for Windows is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
Okta Verify features are available based on configurations made by your organization.
- Enable Windows Hello or device passcode verification
- Disable Windows Hello or device passcode verification
- Open Okta Verify.
- In the Okta Verify Accounts window, click your account.
- Click Enable Windows Hello.
- Authenticate in the browser. Enter your email address and password.
- As applicable, complete one of the following:
- If Windows Hello or device passcode verification is set up on your device, scan your finger or enter a passcode to authenticate.
- If Windows Hello is not set up on your device:
- Click Set up.
- Proceed with the fingerprint setup.
- Return to Okta Verify to set up Windows Hello.
- Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.
- Optional. If you click the More choices link, you are prompted to add a cryptographic key. Enter the key, confirm it, and then click OK.
Biometrics is enabled in Okta Verify.
For example, click Start and search for Okta Verify, click the Okta Verify desktop shortcut, or if the app is running, from the Windows system tray, right-click the Okta Verify icon > Open Okta Verify.
A browser window opens.
A confirmation window appears.
- In the Okta Verify Accounts window, click your account, and then click Disable Windows Hello or Disable Passcode Verification.
- Click Disable to confirm you choice.
- Authenticate in the browser. Enter you email address and password.
A message confirms that you disabled Windows Hello or device passcode verification.