Check the health of your iOS device
You can view the security health of your device to identify if it’s exposed to any security risks.
Based on your organization’s configuration, several security checks are performed:
- OS version: Indicates if the operating system (OS) version of your device is up-to-date.
- Passcode is enabled: Indicates if your device is protected by a passcode.
- Disk encryption: Indicates if the hard disk of your device is encrypted.
- Touch ID or Face ID: Indicates if biometric verification is enabled on your device.
A green check mark confirms that your device meets the security rules set by your organization. A yellow exclamation mark indicates that you must change some settings to reach security compliance.
- Open Okta Verify.
- Click the Device Health icon in the top-right corner.
If you must take any remediation actions, a badge appears on the Device Health icon.
- View the health status of each security check for your device.
- If all checks passed, your device is secure.
- If you find warnings, follow the instructions to fix the issues. For example, you might have to update the iOS version to include a specific security patch or to enable biometrics such face recognition or fingerprint verification for your device.
After you complete the remediation steps, your device meets your organization’s security rules. You can now use Okta FastPass or Okta Verify to access your apps securely.