Get started with Okta Verify on Windows devices
To authenticate with Okta Verify on your desktop, you must install the app and set up an account.
Note for administrators: Okta Verify for Windows is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
To set up Okta Verify on multiple desktop devices, see Add your current Okta Verify account to another macOS device by Bluetooth or Add your Okta Verify account to another Windows device by Bluetooth. You can also enroll in other authenticators such as Yubikey, SMS, or Okta Verify with Push notification and use these security methods to authenticate.
Before you begin
Obtain your organization’s sign-in URL. This might be available in a Welcome/Activation email that you received from your administrator.
Start this task
- If your IT department didn't already install Okta Verify on your device, install the app when prompted. If the app isn't available on your device contact your administrator.
- Open Okta Verify. Click Start and search for Okta Verify or click the desktop shortcut. If the app is running, right-click the from the Windows system tray.
- Click .
- Enter your organization’s sign-in URL. This URL is the web address that you use in your browser to access your company’s portal. It might also be available in a Welcome/Activation email that you received from your administrator.
- Click Next. A browser window opens.
- Enter your credentials in the sign-in window:
- Enter your email address, and then click Next.
- Enter your password, and then click Verify.
- As applicable, complete one of the following steps:
- If biometric authentication is required in your organization and your device supports biometrics, enable Windows Hello in Okta Verify. Click Enable. Then, scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.
- If Windows Hello isn't yet set up on your device, follow the instructions to set it up. Then scan your finger on the fingerprint reader.
- If biometric authentication isn't required in your organization, you can skip Windows Hello enablement.
A message confirms that your account was added successfully.
When you access apps, you can now authenticate with Okta Verify.