Sign in with Okta FastPass on Android devices
If the sign-in window prompts you to confirm your identity with Okta FastPass, and you select this option, you can access your app accounts securely without having to enter a password.
Note for administrators: This feature is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
Before you begin
Ensure that the latest version of Okta Verify is installed on your device.
Sign in with Okta FastPass
When you access a native mobile app, an app link, or the Okta End-User Dashboard on your device, you might be prompted to authenticate with Okta FastPass. Okta FastPass uses your Okta Verify account to check your identity.
- Tap Use Okta FastPass or Sign in with Okta FastPass. Okta Verify checks your identity.
- Confirm your identity as prompted.
As soon as you confirm your identity, you gain access to your app account or the apps dashboard.
Configure Okta Verify to use Okta FastPass
If you don’t have an account yet, or if your account requires additional setup, Okta Verify opens and guides you through the setup.
When the setup is complete, you can use Okta FastPass to access your apps protected by Okta.
- Sometimes, when you try to access an app on your device in your native mobile browser, either from the End-User Dashboard or by using the app URL, you’re redirected to the app sign-in page. Although Okta FastPass and biometrics are enabled in Okta Verify on your device, you’re still prompted to enter your username and password in the sign-in window. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to the Okta End-User Dashboard.
- Find the icon of the application that you want to access.
- Tap the gear in the upper-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- Tap Reveal Password.
- Copy the password and paste it on the app sign-in page in your native browser.
You can now access your app account.
- In the case of some Android native applications, when you try to sign in to your account with Okta FastPass, Okta Verify doesn’t open. Instead, you receive the message Additional setup required to use Okta FastPass along with setup instructions. These native apps don’t support Okta FastPass yet. Use a different security method to access your app account.