Sign in with Okta FastPass on Android devices
If you sign in with Okta FastPass, you can access your app accounts securely without a password.
Note for administrators: This feature is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have the latest Okta Verify version.
Sign in with Okta FastPass
You can use Okta FastPass to sign in to native mobile apps, app links, or the Okta End-User Dashboard. Okta FastPass uses your Okta Verify account to check your identity.
- Tap Use Okta FastPass or Sign in with Okta FastPass.
- Confirm your identity. Scan your fingerprint or tap the Okta Verify consent window.
If Okta confirms your identity, you gain access to your app account or the apps dashboard.
Configure Okta Verify to use Okta FastPass
If you don’t have an account yet, or if your account needs extra setup, Okta Verify opens and provides setup details.
When the setup is complete, you can use Okta FastPass to access your apps protected by Okta.
- Sometimes, when you try to access an app on your device in your native mobile browser, either from the End-User Dashboard or by using the app URL, you’re redirected to the app sign-in page. Although Okta FastPass and biometrics are enabled in Okta Verify on your device, you’re still prompted to enter your username and password in the sign-in window. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to the Okta End-User Dashboard.
- Find the icon of the application that you want to access.
- Tap the gear in the upper-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- Tap Reveal Password.
- Copy the password and paste it on the app sign-in page in your native browser.
You can now access your app account.
- In the case of some Android native applications, when you try to sign in to your account with Okta FastPass, Okta Verify doesn’t open. Instead, you receive the message Additional setup required to use Okta FastPass along with setup instructions. These native apps don’t support Okta FastPass yet. Use a different security method to access your app account.