Sign in with Okta FastPass on iOS devices
If the sign-in window prompts you to confirm your identity with Okta FastPass, and you select this option, you can access your app accounts securely without having to enter a password.
Before you begin
Ensure that the latest version of Okta Verify is installed on your device.
Start this task
When you access an app or the Okta End-User Dashboard on your device, you might be prompted to authenticate with Okta FastPass:
When you tap Use Okta FastPass or Sign in with Okta FastPass, Okta Verify checks your identity.
Confirm your identity as prompted.
- If you enabled Face ID or Touch ID in your account, Okta Verify prompts you for Face ID or Touch ID. Scan your face or fingerprint.
- Otherwise, tap the Okta Verify consent window.
As soon as you confirm your identity, you gain access to your app account or the apps dashboard.
If Okta Verify requires additional configurations, follow the messages on your device.
- If prompted to enable Face ID or Touch ID, tap Enable.
- If additional setup is required for Okta FastPass, tap Set Up.
- If you don’t have an Okta Verify account yet, tap Add Account when prompted and follow the instructions.
- When you sign in with Okta FastPass on an iPad or iOS device using Chrome or Safari, you might be instructed to download Okta Verify, although you already have it installed. If this occurs, update your device operating system to the latest version.
- Sometimes, when you try to access an app on your device in your native mobile browser, either from the End-User Dashboard or by using the app URL, you’re redirected to the app sign-in page. Although Okta FastPass and biometrics are enabled in Okta Verify on your device, you’re still prompted to enter your username and password in the sign-in window. To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Go to the Okta End-User Dashboard.
- Find the icon of the application that you want to access.
- Tap the gear in the upper-right corner to open the Settings menu.
- Tap Reveal Password.
- Copy the password and paste it on the app sign-in page in your native browser.
You can now access your app account.