Sign in with an Okta Verify push notification (Android)
To authenticate with a push notification, select this option in the sign-in window and approve the Okta Verify notification sent to your device. For enhanced security, your organization might present you with a number matching request.
Okta Verify features are available based on configurations made by your organization.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have the latest version of Okta Verify. Go to Google Play Store – Okta Verify and install the latest version if needed.
Start this task
- Select the push notification option in the sign-in window.
Based on your organization’s configuration, one of the following options appears.
- If Okta Verify is in the list of authentication factors, click Okta Verify > Send Push. Optionally, select Send push automatically for future notifications to pop up automatically on your device.
- If Get a push notification is in your list of security methods, click Select.
A push notification is sent to your device.
If a number appears in the sign-in window, you must select the matching number on your device.
The notification expires after five minutes if you don't approve or reject the verification request. To receive a new notification on your device, go back to the app you want to access, and select the push notification option again.
- If prompted, tap Yes, it's me or tap Review. The push notification specifies what application you’re trying to access.
If prompted, tap the number that matches what you see in the sign-in window.
- If Okta detects an unusual sign-in attempt, Okta Verify asks you to review the sign-in details. Okta considers a sign-in attempt to be unusual based on various reasons, including details about your device and location.
Check the flagged location or device in the Okta Verify app.
If the details match your device and current location, tap Yes or tap the number that matches what you see on the sign-in page.
If you don’t recognize your device or location, tap No, it’s not me or Cancel the sign-in attempt. This action cancels the authentication attempt and prevents access to the Okta-protected account.
If your identity is confirmed, you gain access to your app account.