Sign in with an Okta Verify push notification (iOS)
If the sign-in window prompts you to confirm your identity with a push notification, and you select this option, approve the Okta Verify notification sent to your device. For enhanced security, your organization might present you with a number matching request.
Before you begin
- Ensure that the latest version of Okta Verify is installed on your device and your account is set up. For details, see Set up Okta Verify on iOS devices.
- On iPods, push notifications are not supported.
Start this task
- Select the push notification option in the sign-in window.
Based on your organization’s configuration, one of the following options appears.
- If Okta Verify is in the list of authentication factors, click Okta Verify > Send Push.
Optionally, select Send push automatically for future notifications to pop up automatically on your device.
- If Get a push notification is in your list of security methods, click Select.
A push notification is sent to your device.
If a number appears in the sign-in window, you must select the matching number on your device.
The notification expires after five minutes if you don't approve or reject the verification request. To receive a new notification on your device, go back to the app you want to access, and select the push notification again.
If your device is locked, long-press the notification and verify your identity with Face ID or Touch ID if prompted.
- If prompted, tap Yes, It's Me or tap Review to proceed to the number challenge.
If your phone is synced to your Apple Watch, you can approve the verification request on your watch.
Tap the number that matches what you see in the sign-in window. Tap Confirm Number if prompted.
If your phone is synced to your Apple Watch, you can review and match the number from your watch.
- If Okta detects an unusual sign-in attempt, Okta Verify prompts you to review the sign-in details. Okta considers a sign-in attempt to be unusual based on various reasons, including details about your device and location.
If the review details match your device and current location, tap the number that matches your sign-in window.
Otherwise, tap No, It’s Not Me or Cancel the Sign-In Attempt. This will deny the authentication attempt and prevent access to the Okta-protected account.
If your organization requires biometric verification, you can’t confirm your identity with your Apple Watch. You’re prompted to use your paired iPhone instead.
If Okta Verify requires additional configurations, the app guides you through the steps.
- If prompted, enable Face ID or Touch ID.
- If the Okta Verify biometric settings must be refreshed, tap Sync Face ID or Sync Touch ID.
As soon as your identity is confirmed, you gain access to your app account.