Add an account to Okta Verify by accessing an Okta-protected app on Windows devices
On Windows devices, you can add an account to Okta Verify by accessing an app on the Okta End-User Dashboard.
Note for administrators: Okta Verify for Windows is only available on Okta Identity Engine.
Before you begin
- Confirm that you're using the correct software versions. See Supported platforms, browsers, and operating systems.
- Open the Okta Welcome/Activation email from your organization. This email includes a link to Your organization's sign-in page and Your username (typically, it's your email address). You need this information to set up your account. If you didn't receive the email, contact your company’s Help desk.
To set up Okta Verify on multiple desktop devices, see Add your current Okta Verify account to another macOS device by Bluetooth or Add your Okta Verify account to another Windows device by Bluetooth. You can also enroll in other authenticators such as Yubikey, SMS, or Okta Verify with Push notification and use these security methods to authenticate.
Start this task
- Complete one of the following:
- In the Okta End-User Dashboard, click an app.
- In the Okta End-User Dashboard, right-click an app and select Copy Link Address, and then paste the URL in a browser.
- If this is your first account with Okta Verify:
- If this is not your first account with Okta Verify, click Add account.
The Check your browser screen appears.
A Your identity has been verified message displays.
If your device supports Windows Hello, Windows Hello is not currently configured on your device, and your organization gives you the option of using it: click Set up, and then follow the screen prompts to set up Windows Hello; or, click Not now, to set it up later.
If your device supports Windows Hello and your organization requires it, click Set up, and then place a finger on the Windows Hello sensor when prompted to set up Windows Hello.
If your device does not support Windows Hello and your organization requires it, click Got it. You will not be able to add an account. Contact your admin.
The Account added screen verifies that your account was successfully added to Okta Verify, and then the Accounts screen displays.
The Accounts screen lists all the accounts that are set up in your Okta Verify app.