Create the application
During this task we will create the Access Gateway admin application.
- Sign in to the Access Gateway Admin UI console.
Click the Applications tab.
Select the Access Gateway AdminUI option from the left column menu, and click Create.
The New Protected Application wizard starts and displays the Setting tab.
- In the Essentials pane enter:
Field Value Label The name of the application,
For example: Access Gateway Admin UI
Public Domain The external facing URL of the gateway. Typically similar to gw-admin.[domain.tld].
For example: gw-admin.myaccessgateway.com
Post Login URL
Group Enter the name of group created in the prior step.
- Expand the Certificates tab.
By default, when you create the application the system generates a self-signed wildcard certificate and assigns it to the app.
- Optional. Click Generate self-signed certificate. A self-signed certificate is created and automatically assigned to the application.
- Optional. Select an existing certificate from the list of provided certificates.
Use the Search field to narrow the set of certificates by common name. Use the page forward (>) and backward (<) arrows to navigate through the list of available certificates.
Click Next. The Attributes page will display.
The attribute set specified by the add application wizard is required by Access Gateway. Do not modify this list.
- Click Next. The Policy page will display.
- Click Done.
While optional, Okta recommends that all applications include certificates.