Create the application in Access Gateway
The client certificate application is deprecated and only included for legacy purposes. This content is for instructional purposes only.
During this task we will create the client cert application.
- Sign in to the Access Gateway Admin UI console.
Click the Applications tab.
Select the Client Cert option from the application menu, and click Create.
The New Protected Application wizard will start and display the Essentials pane for the application being added.
In the Essentials pane, specify the following:
Field Value Label A name for the application. Public Domain A fully qualified host name, for example ext-header.example.com Protected Web Resource The URL of the protected resource.
For example: int-int-header.example.com[:port]
Group Enter the group containing the users who should have access to the application. Description Optional. An appropriate description for your application.
- [Optional] Assign load balancers
Okta recommends that whenever possible load balancers and Access Gateway as a load balancer be implemented.
See Load balancing.
- Expand the Protected Web Resource tab.
- Enable Load Balancing By Access Gateway.
A table of hostnames and weights representing the target load balancing instances appears. This table is initially empty. Click edit to modify an entry in the table, or click delete to delete an entry.
- Choose either HTTP or HTTPS as the URL scheme. Each protected web resource that you add inherits this scheme.
- Optional. Enable and specify Host Header value.
- Complete the following steps to add a host, repeat as required:
- Click Add protected web resource.
- Enter a fully qualified hostname:port combination (for example, https://backendserver1.atko.com:7001).
- Enter a weight from 1 to 100. Enter 0 to specify that a host is disabled.
Weights represent the percentage of requests that will be routed to this host.
For example, two hosts of weights 2:1 would result in requests being routed ~66% to the host weighted 2 and ~33% to the host weighted 1.
- Click Okay.