Schedule Active Directory user imports
Use the schedule import setting to define how often you want Okta to import users from Active Directory (AD). For Do not import users, select Skip users during import to keep user profiles and groups synchronized without importing new users from your directory. Use this option when you want to use import functionality to synchronize groups, but want to create new Okta users using Just In Time (JIT) provisioning. When Do not import new users is selected as the scheduled import option for your AD instance, incorrect or NULL values are returned if you use a manager or assistant expression. To view the list of manager and assistant expressions, see Okta Expression Language.
Following a successful import and under specific conditions, Okta automatically sends an email to designated administrators that details the number of users and groups scanned, added, updated, or removed during the import. Okta only sends the email if the scan detects any new users or groups, or changes to any existing user profile or group membership.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Directory Integrations.
- Click Active Directory and then click the Provisioning tab.
- Click To Okta in the Settings list.
- Click Edit in the General area.
- In the Schedule import list, select the frequency to import users from AD to Okta.
- Click Save.