Super administrator is the highest level of Okta permissions. Super admins perform all admin activities for an org and have full management access.
Super admins can:
- Create other admins
- Edit or revoke other admins
- Install and configure agents (like the AD agent)
- Assign roles to Okta, AD, and LDAP groups
- Grant access to Okta Support
- Enable profile enrollment policies
- Add users to admin groups
- Edit email and SMS templates
- Configure email notifications for admin roles
- Download a CSV file for auditing purposes (containing admin data like username, permissions, and last sign-in)
- Enable self-service EA features and betas
Remember that every org must have at least one individually assigned super admin. If you just have one individually assigned super admin, you can't edit or revoke their super admin permissions.