Deploy Okta Verify to macOS devices
Okta strongly recommends that you keep your organization up-to-date with the latest version of Okta Verify.
You can deploy Okta Verify to macOS devices using one of the following methods:
- Allow end users to download it directly from the App Store or a server location that you set up. This approach makes sense if you don't have a device management solution. If you want to post Okta Verify to a private server location, download the app from the Okta Admin Console (Settings > Downloads).
- Use your device management solution to deploy Okta Verify to devices, using one of the following methods:
You can configure your device management tool to grab Okta Verify from Apple Business Manager, and then deploy the app directly to targeted end-user devices.
After the app is installed, if your organization uses devices with macOS Big Sur (11) or later, Okta recommends that you configure your device management tool to automatically force app updates.
If you need assistance configuring Jamf Pro to automatically force app updates for Okta Verify, email Jamf at firstname.lastname@example.org and reference PI-009232.
If your device management tool does not support Okta Verify deployment from the Apple Business Manager, you can download Okta Verify directly from Okta.
This deployment method does not automatically force app updates.
- In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Downloads.
- For Okta Verify for macOS, click Download Latest.
A PKG file with the latest version of Okta Verify for macOS is downloaded.
- Configure your device management tool to deploy the app to targeted end-user devices.
This deployment method does not support auto-update. As required, repeat this process to provide end users with the latest version of Okta Verify.
If you are using a custom PKG file to install Okta Verify, make sure you include a post-install script to relaunch Okta Verify when the installation is complete. Without this post-install script, if a user has Okta Verify open, Okta Verify will not update until it is manually closed and re-opened.