Identity Governance overview
Okta Identity Governance is generally available to customers on a subscription basis. For more information, contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager.
Okta Identity Governance is a SaaS-delivered, converged, and intuitive Identity and Access Management platform. Use it to simplify and manage your identity and access lifecycles across multiple systems and improve the overall security of your company.
Okta Identity Governance builds upon the existing Okta Life Cycle management products, such as Provisioning and Workflows, which help enterprises simplify access fulfillment and entitlement tasks throughout a user’s identity lifecycle.
Use Okta Identity Governance solutions to perform the following tasks:
- Efficiently create, protect, and audit access to critical resources.
- Improve your company’s security by:
- Reducing risks associated with unmanaged identities and accumulation of elevated or privileged access.
- Making access certification more meaningful with the contextual information provided by the converged IAM solution, such as sign-in frequency, a resource’s last accessed date, and more.
- Managing and storing app entitlements in Okta and assigning them to users individually or using a policy.
- Increase employee productivity by:
- Automatically provisioning new employees to birthright apps based on their user profile attributes. Thereby, enabling them to be productive from day one.
- Enabling users to self-service access requests to any Okta resource from their workplace collaboration tools.
- Improve IT efficiency by automating tasks to reduce the time taken and errors associated with manual data entry and provisioning tasks. Okta Identity Governance uses automated, self-service requests to evaluate who receives access to resources. Approval workflows provide security for your most sensitive data and tools.