Install and configure Epic Hyperspace in Okta
During this task administrators will:
- Define the groups that will be authenticated by the Epic Hyperspace application
- Select authentication factors
- Install the Epic Hyperspace application
- Define the groups that will be authenticated by the Epic Hyperspace application:
Newly created groups are intended for use with configured MFA factors.
- Sign in to your Okta tenant as an administrator.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Groups.
- Click Add Group.
- Complete the fields in the Add group dialog and click Save.
- Add people to the group. See Users, groups, and profiles.
- Select authentication factors:
- In the Admin Console, go to Security > Authenticators.
- From the Add Authenticator dialog, select an authenticator. For example Okta Verify.
- Configure factor specific settings as appropriate.
- Once added, some Authenticators may be further configured from the list of added Authenticators by clicking Actions > Edit.
Note: Okta recommends that at a minimum, Okta Verify be specified.
See also About MFA authenticators.
- Install the Epic Hyperspace application:
- Navigate to Applications > Applications.
- Enter Epic Hyperspace EPCS (MFA) in the search box and add the application.
- Select the General tab.
- Note the values of the Client ID and Client secret. If required, use the Edit button to change the Application label value. Click Show to display the Client secret.
About Multifactor Authentication (MFA)