MFA for Electronic Prescribing for Controlled Substances - Hyperdrive
Electronic Prescribing for Controlled Substances (EPCS) transmits prescriptions for controlled substances electronically from physicians to pharmacies. Additionally, EPCS adds security by requiring auditing, multi-factor authentication, and other legal requirements from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. EPCS removes the need for paper prescriptions by allowing physicians to electronically create, sign and securely transmit such prescriptions. Pharmacies can then use EPCS to receive, review, and dispense these controlled substances.
Ensure the following:
- Must exist in an Okta org.
- Must be assigned the Epic Hyperdrive app in Okta.
- Must enroll in MFA prior to performing a ePCS transaction.
- Administrator must configure servers to allow users write access to the log hyperdrive log folder specified during agent install.
Typically C:\Program Files (x86)\Okta\OktaHyperdriveLoginDevice\logs
Configure required Transport Layer Security (TLS), ensuring that TLS 1.2 or higher is configured.
|Install and configure Epic Hyperdrive in Okta||Configure groups, MFA, and the Epic Hyperdrive ePCS app.|
|Download the agent||
Download the Okta Hyperdrive Agent from the Settings > Downloads page your in Okta org. The agent is found in the MFA Plugins and Agents section. Ensure the agent is downloaded to the machine where the agent will be installed.
|Install the agent||
Install the Okta Hyperdrive agent.
|Configure Hyperdrive to integrate with Okta||Configure Epic Hyperdrive to work with Okta.
Note: This step requires Epic technical services support.
|Test User Login Process||
Test login flow
- Okta Hyperdrive Agent Version History
- Troubleshoot the Hyperdrive integration
- MFA for Electronic Prescribing for Controlled Substances - Flow