You can only add attributes to the Okta directory profile if the attributes already exist in Active Directory. Okta first does a schema discovery to populate the list of available attributes. For Okta to discover the attribute, it must be added to an object within the directory user object hierarchy: a user object, a parent object, or an auxiliary object.
When schema discovery finishes, you’ll get a list of the attributes that Okta has the permissions to discover in the directory.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- Click Directories in the Filters list.
- For the directory that you want to modify, click Profile. If Profile is unavailable, click the profile name.
- Click Add Attribute.
- Select attributes in the Pick Schema Attributes dialog, and click Save.
- Optional. To remove a custom attribute, select Custom in the FILTERS list, click X for the attribute, and click Delete Attribute.