Map Okta attributes to app attributes to make Okta the single source of truth for user data or the recipient of user data.
App integrations that use entitlement management use discovery to automatically map attributes between Okta and the downstream app. Admins can't map attributes for these integrations.
- In the (Undefined variable: okta-feature-names.Administrator dashboard), go to .
- Optional. Select Okta, Apps, Directories, or Identity Providers in the Filters list to filter the list of apps.
- Click Mappings for the app and select Configure User mappings if a list appears.
- Select one of the following tabs in the User Profile Mappings dialog box:
- App to Okta User: Select this tab to map attributes from the app to Okta. The app contains the source attributes and Okta is the target.
- Okta User to App: Select this tab to map the flow of attributes from Okta to the app. Okta contains the source attributes and the app is the target.
- Follow these steps to map attributes in the Profile Editor:
- Scroll down through the attribute mappings.
- Make sure that the required attributes are mapped. The Okta or app user profile indicates which are required.
- Use the dropdown menu to add attributes, or use expressions to add attributes with concatenated or transformed values. For more information about expressions, see Modify attributes with expressions.
- Optional. Click to set the push frequency for the attribute. See About profile push.
- Optional. Click Preview to check your mappings.
The results are color-coded to make issue identification easier. Green indicates a valid mapping or a valid mapping without a value. Red indicates an invalid mapping and an error message is provided to help you resolve the issue. If the column is empty, there's no mapping for the attribute.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.