Edit user attributes
Edit user attributes when user information such as an email address or other information changes. The option to edit attributes is not available if the user is not sourced by Okta.
To edit user's entitlements, see Manage user entitlements instead. You can only edit user entitlements if you're subscribed to Identity Governance and you've anabled Governance Engine for the app.
Okta Identity Governance is generally available to customers on a subscription basis. For more information, contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager.
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Optional. Enter a user's first name, primary email, or username in the search field and then click the Search icon.
- Optional. Perform an advanced user search:
- Click Advanced Search.
- Select a search filter in the Choose field list. You can filter your search results by created or updated date and time, or you can select base or custom attributes to filter your results.
- Select a filter option:
- Starts with: Select this option to search for group names that start with specific letters.
- Equals: Select this option to search for group names that are equal to the value you enter.
- Greater than: Select this option to search for group names that are greater than the value you enter.
- Less than: Select this option to search for group names that are less than the value you enter.
- Enter a search value in the Value field.
- Optional. Click Add filter to add an additional filter and then repeat steps a to d. Click Clear all filters to clear the ones you have already entered.
- Click Search.
- Click a username in the Person & username column.
- Click the Profile tab.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the user attributes, scroll down, and then click Save.