AD-Joined server connections
After a team configures Advanced Server Access to work with an Active Directory (AD) domain, users can create Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) connections to Windows servers. If a team adds a passwordless certificate for the AD domain, users can connect without needing to enter a password.
If a team doesn't add a certificate, users must manually enter their password to authenticate their RDP connection. Users always need to sign in to their Okta account before connecting to a server.
- A project configured for AD support
- A gateway able to resolve and forward RDP connections
- A device running the Advanced Server Access client (v1.59.0 or later)
- A device running a supported RDP client
- MacFreeRDP (v2.4.0 only)
- Windows Desktop RDP client
Advanced Server Access doesn’t currently support connections to discovered servers from other RDP clients.
- Connect to servers through the Advanced Server Access dashboard
- Connect to servers through the command line