Configure Cygwin for Advanced Server Access
Windows users can install Cygwin, which provides GNU and open source tools that provide similar functionality to that of Linux operating systems. In order to work correctly with Advanced Server Access, users must configure ProxyCommand to work with Cygwin.
Before you begin
- Download and install Cygwin.
- Install the openssh package for Cygwin.
- Install the Advanced Server Access client on your local device. See Install the Advanced Server Access client.
- Start a local terminal in Cygwin . By default, this opens to your home directory (~).
- Create an .ssh directory with the following command:
- Edit the SSH configuration file with the following command:
cat <<ADDTEXT >> .ssh/config.
Note: ADDTEXT is a delimiter that's used to determine when to stop accepting input for the configuration file.
- Enter the following commands into the terminal:
# Configures ProxyCommand for use with Advanced Server Access
Match exec "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe resolve -q %h"
ProxyCommand "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe" proxycommand %h
Note: You may need to modify the file paths to match the specific installation path on your device.
- Save the configuration file.