Install the Advanced Server Access gateway
You can install the Advanced Server Access gateway on the following platforms:
- Amazon Linux
- CentOS 7 and 8
- Debian 9 to 11
- FreeBSD 11 to 13
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 to 8
- Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, and 20.04
Before you begin
Verify that the gateway server:
- Can download packages from scaleft.com.
- Can listen for incoming connections from clients.
Note: If you’re installing the gateway on a cloud provider like AWS, you may need to modify your security group rules.
- Can connect directly to your destination servers (also known as SSH target hosts).
- Has adequate storage space to store your session logs.
- Is running the Network Time Protocol (NTP) service and correctly synchronized to external NTP pool servers.