Configure MobaXterm for Advanced Server Access
Windows users can install MobaXterm, which provides a terminal for Windows that supports X11, tabbed SSH clients, and network tools. In order to work correctly with Advanced Server Access, users must configure ProxyCommand to work with MobaXterm.
Before you begin
- Download and install MobaXterm.
- Install the Advanced Server Access client on your local device. See Install the Advanced Server Access client.
Start the procedure
- Start a local terminal in MobaXterm. By default, this opens to your home directory (/home/mobaxterm).
- Create an .ssh directory with the following command:
- Edit the SSH configuration file with the following command:
cat <<ADDTEXT >> .ssh/config.Note: ADDTEXT is a delimiter that's used to determine when to stop accepting input for the configuration file.
- Enter the following commands into the terminal: # Configures ProxyCommand for use with Advanced Server Access
Match exec "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe resolve -q %h"
ProxyCommand "/cygdrive/c/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Apps/ScaleFT/bin/sft.exe" proxycommand %h
Note: You may need to modify the file paths to match the specific installation path on your device.
- Save the configuration file.