Configure OMM policies
- The OMM menu is only available to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Procedures documented on this page are only available to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
Okta Mobility Management (OMM) policies allow you to manage the use of your company resources on mobile devices enrolled in OMM. These policies have platform-based rules that allow you to enforce:
- Your supported platforms (iOS, macOS, Android)
- Device passcode requirements for each platform.
- How data is shared between managed and unmanaged apps
In the Admin Console, the Apple desktop operating system is referred to as OS X. The documentation uses the current term macOS.
If you support Android for Work, you can also set passcode requirements for managed apps, in addition to – or instead of – passcode requirements for devices (Android 7.0+ only).
You can create multiple mobile policies and apply them to specific groups of people in order to tailor access to your organization's resources. Unless another policy applies, all end users are subject to the read-only Default Policy, which denies enrollment to all devices. Changes to policies do not deprovision users.
- Add a device policy.
- Add a policy rule.
- Manage platform rules.
See Add a device policy.