- The OMM menu is only available to orgs that implement Okta Mobility Management (OMM).
- Procedures documented on this page are only available to customers who have already purchased OMM for their organization. New OMM sales are not supported. For more information, contact Okta Support.
You can publish mobile applications to an App Store accessible to OMM-enrolled end users from within Okta Mobile. (Mobile App store for iOS device end users; Play for Work for Android device end users.) This provides end users a single place from which to download Okta-managed mobile apps. End users can obtain the enabled and deployed mobile apps that have been assigned to them. You can specify whether data is transferable between managed and personal apps.
Not all public mobile apps available from the Apple and Google app stores are available for distribution to OMM-enrolled users through the App Store accessible through Okta Mobile (Mobile App store for iOS device end users; Play for Work for Android device end users).
Before you can distribute a public mobile app to your end users through OMM, Okta Support must add the public app to the Okta Integration Network (OIN). To submit a request to Okta Support, open a case and provide the app name and the link to the app in the appropriate app store.
To distribute a native mobile app:
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Select an app that supports mobile access and then click the Mobile tab.
The Mobile Access section of an app's Mobile tab is only available for Okta Integration Network apps that have been tested to work with Okta Mobile Management (OMM) policies.
- Configure Distribution settings:
- Click the pencil icon.
- In the Distribution section, select any of the following options as appropriate for your implementation:
- Users can install the app from the company app store (Android and iOS).
- Prompt users to install the app on enrollment. (iOS 7+ only)
- If a user already has the app, enable them to make it a managed app from the company app store (iOS 9+ only)
iOS device users already enrolled in OMM will not see changes you may make to these Distribution settings. All OMM-enrolled users are able to see the apps you add to the company app store.
Android and iOS apps have these differences:
- Android apps: You can upload public and private apps to the Google Play Store and then link to them from within Okta for distribution to your end users.
- iOS apps: You can only upload private, enterprise-signed apps to Okta for distribution to your end users.