Create a Salesforce Portal integration
If you're using Salesforce portals, you can create an Okta integration to provide access to a Portal subset of the Salesforce instance, where Portal users are provisioned as external users.
When a new Portal user is provisioned, Okta creates a new contact in Salesforce associated with the Salesforce account. This new contact contains the user's name and email address. This contact is necessary because Portal users in Salesforce must be associated with a contact.
In the Admin Console, go to .
- In the search field, enter Salesforce and click Salesforce.com.
- Click the General tab and click Edit in the App Settings section.
- Complete these fields:
- User Profile & Type: Select Salesforce Portal User.
- Organization ID: Enter your Salesforce organization ID.
- Portal ID: Enter the Salesforce portal ID.
Optional. Configure SAML 2.0 to allow Portal users to automatically log in to Salesforce:
- Click the Sign On tab and click Edit in the Settings section.
- Click View Setup Instructions, and follow the SAML setup instructions.
On the Salesforce Single Sign-On Settings page under Endpoints set the login URL to the Community Login URL for your Community.
Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit, select the Create Users check box, and enter the ID of the Salesforce account in the Salesforce Account ID field.
- Select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit and select the check boxes applicable to your configuration. You can select Import "High Volume Portal" users, Import "Customer Portal User" users, Import "Customer Portal Manager" users, or Import "Partner" users.