Integrate UltiPro with Okta
Create a UltiPro report and report ID. See Create an UltiPro report and report ID.
- Locate and record the UltiPro web services URL and the user and customer API keys:
- Sign in to your UltiPro instance with administrator permissions.
- Click Menu > System Configuration and select Web Services below Security.
- Copy the values displayed in the User API Key and Customer API Key fields and paste them in a text editor.
- Copy the base URL displayed next to Business Intelligence web service endpoint and paste it in a text editor. The base URL is the portion of the URL that is common to all of the displayed fields.
- If you've already added the UltiPro app to Okta, go to step 4. If you haven't added it, add it now:
In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click Add Application.
- In the Search field, enter UltiPro, and select UltiPro.
- Select Add.
- Complete the fields on the General Settings page and click Next.
- In the Sign On Methods section of Sign-On Options, select a sign on option. If you select SAML 2.0, click View Setup Instructions and follow the instructions.
- Click Done.
- In the Admin Console, click Applications and select UltiPro in the list of applications.
- Click the Provisioning tab, click Configure API Integration, and select the Enable API Integration check box.
- Complete these fields:
- Web Services Base URL: Paste the value you copied in step 2 d and change the URL protocol from http to https. For example, http://Servicet.ultipro.com becomes https://Servicet.ultipro.com.
Admin User Name: Enter the UltiPro administrator user name.
Admin Password: Enter the UltiPro administrator password.
User API Key: Paste the value you copied in step 2 c.
Customer API Key: Paste the value you copied in step 2 c.
Okta Report Path: Paste the UltiPro report ID using this format: storeID("report ID"). See Create an UltiPro report and report ID.
Create Groups Based on User Attribute (Cannot change once set): Select None, Org Level 1, Org Level 2, Org Level 3, Org Level 4, or Custom.
Custom User Attribute For Group: Optional. Enter a custom group attribute. The attribute name and the table name must match.
Pre-Start Interval: Optional. Enter the number of days before their start date an employee should be considered active.
Default Phone Country Code (USA, CAN, UKR, etc): Optional. Enter the phone number country code prefix.
Import Groups: Optional. Select this option to import groups.
The selected user attribute must be included in the UltiPro report. The Okta template includes org levels 1,2,3, and 4. When Custom is selected, enter the attribute value in the Custom User Attribute For Group field.
A group is created for every specified user attribute value and imported users with a matching value are added to that group.
- Optional. Click Test API Credentials to test the API integration.
- Click Save.