Create a dynamic zone
Create a dynamic zone that defines network perimeters based on location, IP type, and autonomous system number (ASN).
In the Admin Console, go to .
- In the Add Zone dropdown, select Dynamic Zone.
- In the Zone Name field, enter a name for the zone.
- Optional. Select Block access from IPs matching conditions listed in this zone to prevent matching IPs from accessing Okta. This includes IP addresses found in the zone and IP chains.
- In IP Type, define a proxy type. Leave this option cleared to ignore it.
- Any: Use any proxy type for the dynamic zone.
- TorAnonymizer: Use TorAnonymizer as the proxy type for the dynamic zone.
- NotTorAnonymizer: Use NotTorAnonymizer as the proxy type for the dynamic zone.
- In Locations, add up to 75 locations.
- In ISP ASNs, add up to 75 ASNs separated by either a comma or new line.
- Click Save.
The accuracy of Tor proxy detection depends on a third-party vendor, which is used to identify IP addresses that use Tor. The proxy type is only used to evaluate if a proxy is Tor or not. If a proxy option is cleared, it isn't evaluated.
When you edit a network zone,wait approximately 60 seconds for the change to propagate across all servers and take effect.
Define geolocation for a dynamic zone
Define IP types for a dynamic zone