App settings for end users
On the Okta End-User Dashboard, your end users can view app settings and details for apps that have been added to their dashboard. If an app as been added by an admin, there are multiple configuration options available that allow for end users to securely access sensitive information from within their app settings. Alternatively, admins can choose to limit an end user's access to sensitive information for an app.
Configuration options vary depending on the type of app that is added to the Okta End-User Dashboard:
- OIDC apps added by an admin
- SWA apps added by an admin
- Bookmark apps added by an admin
- Apps added by an end user
OIDC apps added by an admin
For OIDC apps that are added by an admin, end users can launch the application from the app drawer but will be unable to copy or reveal passwords for the app. Admins also have the option to add a note for end users within the app drawer.
SWA apps added by an admin
For SWA apps that have been added by an admin, admins have multiple configuration options:
- End users set their username and password, and can view their password through the app drawer
- End users set their username and password but cannot view their password for the app through the app drawer
- Admin sets username and password
- Admin sets username and allows for end users to create a password
- Admin sets username but configure the password to be the same as the end user's Okta password
- Admins sets a username and password that is shared between multiple users
Note: Admins can alternate configuration options between each app that is assigned to their users.
Bookmark apps added by an admin
For Bookmark apps that are added by an admin, end users will have no option to reveal or copy a username and password.