About the Okta RADIUS server agent
The Okta RADIUS Server agent:
- Delegates authentication to Okta using single-factor authentication (SFA) or multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Installs as a Windows or Linux service
- Supports the Password Authentication Protocol (PAP),
Extensible Authentication Protocol Tunneled Transport Layer Security (EAP/TTLS), and
Extensible Authentication Protocol/Generic Token Card (EAP/GTC)
- Authenticated Protocol
- Communicates via UDP, over default port 1812, and supports multiple ports simultaneously.
You should use the Okta RADIUS Server agent for authentication, when authentication is being performed by:
- VPN devices that don’t support SAML
- Virtual Desktops and Reverse Proxies that don’t support SAML