Assign applications to users
Assign applications to individual users so they can access them on their My Apps page. You can also assign applications to entire groups. See Importing and Using Groups in Okta.
To assign entitlements to users along with apps, see Assign entitlements to users instead. You can only assign entitlements to users if you're subscribed to Identity Governance and you've anabled Governance Engine for the app.
Okta Identity Governance is generally available to customers on a subscription basis. For more information, contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager.
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Optional. Enter a user's first name, primary email, or username in the search field and then click the Search icon.
- Optional. Perform an advanced user search:
- Click Advanced Search.
- Select a search filter in the Choose field list. You can filter your search results by created or updated date and time, or you can select base or custom attributes to filter your results.
- Select a filter option:
- Starts with: Select this option to search for group names that start with specific letters.
- Equals: Select this option to search for group names that are equal to the value you enter.
- Greater than: Select this option to search for group names that are greater than the value you enter.
- Less than: Select this option to search for group names that are less than the value you enter.
- Enter a search value in the Value field.
- Optional. Click Add filter to add an additional filter and then repeat steps a to d. Click Clear all filters to clear the ones you have already entered.
- Click Search.
- Optional. Use the Status menu to filter results by user status.
- Click a user name in the Person & Username column.
- Select the Applications tab.
- Click Assign Applications.
- Select applications from the list or enter the application name in the Search field.
- Click Assign.
- When necessary, enter the user name, password, and complete any additional fields. The user name is not the user's Okta username, but the username they use to sign in to the application.
- Click Save and Go Back.