Disable the security image and security questions
Deprecation notice: Okta is deprecating Self-Service Registration (SSR) from the Okta Classic Engine for customers that don't currently use the feature. However, SSR remains supported for customers already using it on Okta Classic Engine. For orgs using the Okta Identity Engine, SSR is now part of the profile enrollment policy feature. See End-user registration for information about the expanded features available in the Okta Identity Engine. For any questions or concerns, contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) or Okta Support.
The standard registration process requires new users to choose a security image and a security question. If you have enabled self-service registration, you may want to make these not required.
- In the Admin Console, go to Settings > Customization.
- In the Optional User Account Fields area, click Edit.
- In the Security image list, select Disabled.
- Click Save.
- Go to Security > Authentication.
- Select Legacy Policy, click Edit, and scroll down to Account Recovery.
- Clear the Security question check box under the Additional self-service recovery option.
- Click Update Policy.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 for the Active Directory and Default policies.