Map Okta attributes to app attributes to make Okta the single source of truth for user data or the recipient of user data.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > Profile Editor.
- Optional. Select Okta, Apps, Directories, or Identity Providers in the Filters list to filter the list of apps.
- Click Mappings for the app and select Configure User mappings if a list appears.
- Select one of the following tabs in the User Profile Mappings dialog box:
- App to Okta User: Select this tab to map attributes from the app to Okta. The app contains the source attributes and Okta is the target.
- Okta User to App: Select this tab to map the flow of attributes from Okta to the app. Okta contains the source attributes and the app is the target.
- Map attributes:
a. Scroll down through the attribute mappings.
b. Make sure the required attributes are mapped. The Okta or app user profile indicates which are required.
c. Use the drop-down to add attributes, or use expressions to add attributes with concatenated or transformed values. For more information about expressions, see Modify attributes with expressions.
- Optional. Click to set the push frequency for the attribute. See About profile push.
- Optional. Click Preview to check your mappings.
The results are color coded to make issue identification easier. Green indicates valid mapping or valid mapping without a value. Red indicates invalid mapping and an error message is provided to help you resolve the issue. If the column is empty, there is no mapping for the attribute.
- Click Save Mappings and Apply updates now.