Suspend and unsuspend users
Suspending people in your organization is useful if you have temporary and contract workers, or when your employees are on leaves of absence. You may also want to suspend a user who has permanently left your organization so that you can review their group and app assignments. Suspended users' app and group memberships are maintained and are reinstated when the user is unsuspended.
- In the Admin Console, go to Directory > People.
- Optional. Enter a user's first name, primary email, or username in the search field and then click the Search icon.
- Optional. Perform an advanced user search:
- Click Advanced Search.
- Select a search filter in the Choose field list. You can filter your search results by created or updated date and time, or you can select base or custom attributes to filter your results.
- Select a filter option:
- Starts with: Select this option to search for group names that start with specific letters.
- Equals: Select this option to search for group names that are equal to the value you enter.
- Greater than: Select this option to search for group names that are greater than the value you enter.
- Less than: Select this option to search for group names that are less than the value you enter.
- Enter a search value in the Value field.
- Optional. Click Add filter to add an additional filter and then repeat steps a to d. Click Clear all filters to clear the ones you have already entered.
- Click Search.
- Optional. Use the Status menu to filter results by user status.
- Select one of these options:
- To suspend a user, click a user name in the Person & Username column, select More Actions, and select Suspend.
- To unsuspend a user, select Suspended in the left menu, click a user name in the Person & Username column, and click Activate.