Provision on-premises applications
The provisioning features of Okta Lifecycle Management automatically manage accounts for your entire organization.
On-premises provisioning combines your on-premises apps and a SCIM server or custom connectors with the Okta Provisioning Agent to send user information to and from Okta. Okta makes calls to apps through your corporate firewall to create user accounts, update attributes, and deactivate users. These actions are all based on user assignment rules that are configured in Okta.
Okta supports provisioning and deprovisioning for any on-premises application using one of the following methods:
- An Active Directory (AD) instance that manages user accounts
- A web services API that Okta can access using a publicly addressable connection
Okta only supports on-premises provisioning when Okta Professional Services does the implementation. For more information on how to implement Okta-supported on-premises provisioning, contact Okta Professional Services.
- Enable the Transport Layer Security 1.2 protocol
- Install the Okta Provisioning Agent
- Create an instance of your on-premises app in Okta
- Create and test SCIM connectors
- Connect to a SCIM connector
- Configure the API call timeout period
- Make an on-premises application the profile source
- Upgrade Okta Provisioning Agent
- Uninstall and reinstall the Okta Provisioning Agent