Integrate SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central with Okta
- Add the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central app to Okta if it has not been added previously:
In the Admin Console, go to .
- Click Add Application.
- In the Search for an application field, enter success.
- Select Add for SuccessFactors
- In the General Settings page, enter your company ID in the Company ID field. You can get this value from your sign in URL. For example, https://acme.successfactors.com/login?company=ACME123456789.
- Complete the remaining fields and click Next.
- In the Sign On Methods section under Sign-On Options, select a sign on option. If you select SAML 2.0, click View Setup Instructions and follow the instructions.
- Click Done.
- If you added the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central app previously, on the OktaAdmin Console click Applications and select SuccessFactors in the list of applications.
- Click the Provisioning tab, click Configure API Integration, and select the Enable API Integration check box.
- Complete these fields:
Base URL for Web Service: Enter the API base URL. This is not your sign in URL. See Successfactors API URLs for different Data Centers.
Admin Username: Enter the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central administrator user name.
Admin Password: Enter the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central administrator password.
Pre-Start Interval: Optional. Enter the number of days before their start date an employee should be considered active.
Post-Termination Interval: Optional. Enter the number of days after termination an employee should be considered active.
Import Contingent Workers: Optional. Select this option to import contingent workers and full time employees.
Import Groups: Optional. Select this option to import groups.
Optional. Click Test API Credentials to test the API integration.
- Optional. Change the Okta to SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central provisioning settings:
- Click the Provisioning tab and select To App in the SETTINGS list.
- Select the Enable check box for Update User Attributes to update a user's attributes in SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central when the app is assigned. If you cannot select this check box, contact support and ask to have the functionality enabled.
- Click Save.
- Optional. Change the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central to Okta provisioning settings:
- Select To Okta in the SETTINGS list.
- Click Edit in the General, User Creation & Matching, or Profile & Lifecycle Sourcing sections and edit the fields.
The default for Okta user names is email-formatted. SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central does not have a specific user name format requirement and this default format is automatically applied:appuser.person___logon_user_name + "@" + org.subdomain + ".com"
- Optional. Assign users to the SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central app. See Assign applications to users.