Assign a single app to groups
When applications share a group, they're "linked". This can be helpful if you need provisioning functionality in an SSO-enabled app.
Okta doesn't support using the same group for app assignment and Group Push. See App assignments and Group Push.
When you assign an app to a group, the group members may get their entitlements assigned by policy, if you've subscribed to Identity Governance and you've anabled Governance Engine for the app and created policies.
Okta Identity Governance is generally available to customers on a subscription basis. For more information, contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager.
- In the Admin Console, go to .
- Enter the name of the app in the Search field.
- Click the app name and select the Assignments tab.
- Click Assign, and then select Assign to Groups.
- Locate the group that you want to assign the app to and click Assign.
- Complete the fields in the Assign app name to Groups dialog box if it appears.
- Click Save and go back. The Assign button changes to Assignment and is disabled to indicate that the app integration is assigned to the group.
- Optional. Repeat steps 5–7 to assign the app integration to more groups.
- Click Done.