About application behaviors
When creating an application configuration in Access Gateway, the Settings pane contains core application configuration and is broken into three sub-tabs or panes.
- Essentials - Essential application configuration required by all applications, including label, public domainA domain is an attribute of an Okta organization. Okta uses a fully-qualified domain name, meaning it always includes the top-level domain (.com, .eu, etc.), but does not include the protocol (https)., protected web resource, and similar fields.
- Advanced - Advanced settings such as session duration, session time outs, certificates and similar fields.
- Behaviors - Application behaviors, customizable to perform specialized operations on application events such as log out, error and others.
- Provide a specialized mechanism for handling a variety of unusual or unexpected conditions.
- Allow for the definition of specialized actions such as:
- Logout - What to do when users log out.
- Error - Define actions based on errors.
- Policy - Define actions based on denying policy.
- Inactive or offline applications - Define actions based on unavailable applications.