Test Oracle PeopleSoft application
Testing a Oracle PeopleSoft application involves validating round trips using both SP and IDP tests.
- Configure application debug - Configure the application for either header simulation testing.
- Configure Access Gateway for debug and monitoring - Optionally, configure Access Gateway for debug display and monitoring of generated debug statements.
- Test - Perform normal application testing using production URLs.
- Disable Debug - Disable debug after testing.
To enable debug for application testing:
- Navigate to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- From the Topology tab or the Applications tab, open the application.
- Select the Settings pane.
- Expand the Advanced sub-tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Enable.
- Click Done.
When debugging applications: Consider testing attributes with static known good values. For example, change dynamic IDP based fields to static with known good values.
When debugging policy based applications: Test with no policy or open policy first.
The AcceAccess Gateway Management console can be used to provide a running display of all system log messages. In this optional section we enable debug and monitor Access Gateway using this functionality.
- Open a terminal window and connect to the Access Gateway Management console.
- Enter 4 - Monitor.
- Enter 2 - Enable debug.
- Enter 1 - Monitor logs.
The AccessAccess Gateway Management console will then begin displaying log messages.
Completed application testing as required.
- The Applications tab, on the row containing the application, click Goto application > SP Initiated.
- Repeat testing using Goto application > IDP Initiated.
- Repeat testing using each specialized policy URI.
- If required, disable debugging.
If displaying debug statements at the command line:
- Return to the Access Gateway Management console.
- Enter [ctrl][c] to exit the log display.
- Enter 3 - Disable debug.
- Exit the command line console
If application debug is enabled:
- Return to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- Navigate to the application being tested
- Expand the Setting sub tab.
- Expand the Essentials sub tab.
- Return the Protected Web Resource field back to its original value.
- Expand the Advanced sub tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Disable.
- Save your changes.