Add an Okta Auth Module
An Okta Auth Module can be used to add a secondary authentication relationship between Access Gateway and a secondary Okta org.
To get started, add an Auth Module as described in Add an Auth Module selecting Okta.
An Okta Auth Module requires a defined trust relationship between the Access Gateway instance and the Okta tenant.
Define a trust relationship within Okta with the Access Gateway Instance
- Login to your Okta tenant and click the Admin button to become admin.
- In the Service Account Dashboard, select Security → API from the menu options.
- Select the Trusted Origins tab.
- Click Add Origin.
- In the Add Origin dialog specify:
Meaningful name, such as Trusted Origin for Access Gateway.
URL for Access Gateway instance, such as https://gateway.tld
Return to the Access Gateway UI.
After selecting Okta the Add New Auth Module page will be displayed, configured for Okta Authentication.
- Enter the following details:
Field Description Example Name Name used to identify the Auth Module. Okta AM
A shortened identify for this Auth Module
your Okta org
A list of attributes returned from Okta and available to Access Gateway appliation
login, firstName, lastName, email.
Local Auth Module
- Click the Not Validated ()button when complete.
Okta Access Gateway will validate the connection.
On success the button will turn green () and show that the connection is valid.
- Once complete click Okay to complete the creation of the Auth Module or Cancel to cancel.