Access Gateway Support VPN
The Support VPN is:
- A mechanism used by Okta to access a client Access Gateway appliance.
- Can only be used by select members of Okta support, professional services, and Access Gateway engineering teams.
- Requires that client firewalls allow outgoing TCP traffic on port 443.
See Prerequisites for deploying Access Gateway for a complete list of all ports and protocols used by Access Gateway.
- Is enabled by default.
The Support VPN is used to access client appliance instances using a support only VPN and public key/private key encryption.
Theis page describes the Access Gateway Support VPN and how its configured and used.
When connected to a client, Access Gateway appliance, Okta has three forms of access:
- Administer - Okta support staff can login and execute operations using the Admin ui to perform normal administration activities.
- Command line - Okta support staff can use an ssh-like tool to connect to, and execute commands to enhance , diagnose or correct instance issues.
- File transfer - Okta support staff can copy files to and from the Access Gateway appliance to upload and capture configuration, logs and similar information.
While enabled by default, customers have the capability of disabling the support VPN.
Care should be taken when disabling the Support VPN. When disabled, Okta cannot:
- Provide enhanced support or other professional services.
- Troubleshoot, repair or examine a client appliance.
- Download logs, configuration files, or logs
The Support VPN can be disabled and enabled on demand using the Admin UI and Command line consoles. It is possible to enable the Support VPN on demand.
The Support VPN is enabled by default, but may be disabled or re-enabled using the Admin UI.
To enable or disable the Support VPN:
Log in to the Access Gateway Admin Console
- Select the Support tab.
- Use the Allow Support Connection toggle, to enable or disable the support connection.
Changes to VPN connection occur immediately on change. The VPN support connection can be enabled on demand to allow Okta Support access to a Access Gateway instance.
The Support VPN can also be enabled or disabled using the command line interface. See Support Connection for more information.