Administer Local Identity Providers
Identify Providers provide:
- Identity federation between Access Gateway and Okta tenants/local identity providers.
- Services such as:
- Authorization and authentication support.
- Application data for identification and policy decisions.
Local Identity Providers can be used in the absence of an Okta org IdP. For example because of a network outage.
To Add a local idP:
- In your browser, navigate to the Access Gateway Admin UI and sign in.
- Select the Settings tab,
- Click the Identity Providers pane.
- Click the + button, and Select Local SAML IDP.
- Enter the following fields:
Required. Unique name that identifies the IDP. Display in the list of IDPs
My Local IDP
Required. A unique access Gateway hosted domain. Must not match any others
Required. A unique Access Gateway hosted domain name. This must not match existing Access Gateway domain names.
Default Auth Module
Required. A previously created auth module
See Administer Auth Modules for more information.
Required. Attribute to be obtained from the remote Active Directory
Name Attribute Format
Required. Defines the Name Format used in the SAML assertion. Select one of the values from the drop down list.
- Click Okay to complete creation of the IDP or Cancel to cancel.
- After any creation of update all Identify Providers will be validated. Valid identify provider will show status Valid ().