You can associate certificates with back-end applications in one of the two ways:
- By on-demand generation of a self-signed certificate.
- By selecting a previously uploaded certificate.
To upload a certificate to Access Gateway, see Upload certificates.
By default a wildcard self signed certificate is created and assigned to the application when the application is initially created.
To generate and associate a self signed certificate.
- Click Generate self -signed certificate
A self signed certificate will be created and automatically assigned to the application, including the following information. Any prior self signed certificate for the application will be removed
Automatically selected and assigned to current application.
Common name Based on associated Public domain specified in the Essentials tab.
Expiration Valid for two years from data of assignment.
- Modify any other application settings as required and click Done to save or Cancel to changes.
To associate a previously uploaded certificate:
- Select an existing certificate from the list of provided certificates.
See Upload certificates.
Use the Search field to narrow the set of certificates by common name.
Certificates set to expire in the next 30 days show their expiration information in red.
- From the list of displayed certificates, select the appropriate certificate.
- Modify any other application settings as required and click Done to save changes.