Add Custom Behaviors
- Provide a specialized mechanism for handling a variety of unusual or unexpected conditions.
- Allow for the definition of specialized actions such as:
- Logout - What to do when users log out.
- Error - Define actions based on errors.
- Policy - Define actions based on denying policy.
- Inactive or offline applications - Define actions based on unavailable applications.
To add custom behaviors to an application:
- Navigate to your Access Gateway InstanceAn instance, or computer instance, is a virtual machine (VM) or individual physical computer, used to host a software appliance..
- Select the Application tab.
- In the row containing the previously created application, click the Edit button ( ).
- Expand the Behaviors sub-tab.
- Scroll to the Policy Denied section.
- Selected Return 403 status code.
- Click Done to complete the application edit.
- In the row containing the application click Goto > SPAn acronym for service provider. Generally, an SP is a company, usually providing organizations with communications, storage, processing, and a host of other services. Within Okta, it is any website that accepts SAML responses as a way of signing in users, and has the ability to redirect a user to an IdP (e.g., Okta) to begin the authentication process. Initiated.
- Login to your Okta tenant using a valid account.
- Modify the URL to append /deny.
- Refresh the browser. If the user was in the Everyone group, then the request should return 403 Forbidden.