Manage certificates and certificate chains
Access Gateway uses certificates in a number of ways. including:
- Providing trust relationships between a browser and Access Gateway on behalf of a protected web resource, such as a back-end application.
- Authenticate requests using client certificate chains.
- TLS termination and more.
The following pages describe how to use Access Gateway to manage certificates, manage certificate chains, associate certificates with back-end applications and define certificate chain based authentication.
Access Gateway uses two interfaces to manage certificates and certificate chains, as well as associate certificate and certificate validation behavior with applications.
- The Access Gateway Management console to manage certificates and certificate chains.
- The Access Gateway Admin UI console to associate certificates with a back-end protected web resources as well as define certificate chain behavior.
See Certificate management tasks for details of obtaining, uploading and associating certificates with back end protected web resources.
See Certificate chain management tasks for details managing certificate chains, assigning certification chain validation to applications and related topics.