Managing Application Policy
Creating, configuring, and otherwise managing Access Gateway Application policies.
Configuring Application Policy
To configure an application policy:
- Sign in to your Access Gateway InstanceAn instance, or computer instance, is a virtual machine (VM) or individual physical computer, used to host a software appliance..
Click the Applications tab.
Select an application that requires new policy and click the edit button.
Select the Policies sub-tab.
- choose one of:
Add a new policy Delete an existing policy Modify an existing policy
The default root (/) policy cannot be deleted, or modified.
- Click the Add () icon in the policy list header and choose one of:
- Not Protected
- Protected Rule
See Learn About Access Gateway Policy Types for type details
- Enter the URI to the resource being protected.
- For Protected, Protected Rule and Adaptive, enter a regex expression representing the users who should be granted access t the resource. See Example Access Gateway Policy for examples of expressions.
- Click Okay to add the policy or Cancel to cancel.
- Select the delete () icon next to the policy to be deleted.
- In the confirm dialog click Yes to delete the attribute or No to cancel the delete operation.
- Select the edit () icon next to the policy rule to be modified.
The Edit existing Policy dialog will be displayed.
- Modify the policy as required.
- Click Okay to save the modified Attribute or Cancel to cancel the modification.