Under normal circumstances the Protected Web Resource field of an application defines the resource being protected.
However, using this field, applications can be configured to behave like sample header or sample policy applications and provide general troubleshooting and diagnostic information.
To configure an application for troubleshooting/debugging:
- Navigate to the Access Gateway Admin UI console
- From the Topology tab or the Applications tab open the application.
- Select the Settings pane.
- Expand the Essentials sub tab.
- Change the Protected Web Resource field to one of the following:
Value Behavior https://header.service.spgw When running a test, display information related to the header, cookie, session, and other information. https://policy.service.spgw When running a test, display information related to application policy.
- Expand the Advanced sub tab.
- Set the Debug toggle to Enable.
- Click Done when complete.
To test the application:
- Select the Applications tab.
- On the row containing the application click Go to > SP Initiated.
- If required, sign in.
Results, depending on which application type was selected header or policy, will display.
- For policy based testing, update the URL to add an appropriate path and resend the request.
In this example, the /public path was added.
- The result of applying the current user and policy will be displayed.
Debug mode, when enabled on production applications, can have serious performance impact. When complete, always reset the Protected Web Resource field and disable the Debug mode toggle.