Add notes to an app integration
You can add notes to app integrations during creation or at any later time in order to communicate with end users and other admins. In addition to enhancing deployment and usage, app integration notes can also reduce help desk calls, provide troubleshooting assistance, and increase end-user self service.
Notes facilitate the following types of communications:
- Application notes to end users: Allows admins to present helpful information to end users, such as the purpose of the application, who to contact for help, and links to pertinent information.
- Application notes to admins: Allows admins to share administrative details about app integrations with other Super, App, Read-only, and Mobile admins.
- In the Admin Console, go to Applications > Applications.
- Click the app integration in which you want to add notes.
- Click the General tab.
- For end users, enter your text in the Application notes for end users field. If an app integration has notes for end users, the text appears on the app integration's settings panel displayed on end user dashboards.
- For administrators, enter your text in the Application notes for admins field. This text is available to admins on this app integration's settings page.
- Click Save.
- Notes cannot exceed 250 characters, including spaces.
- To enter a link or an email address, simply type it in the field. These are converted to links in the note after you save it. Supported link protocols are http, https, and ftp.
- Admin-to-admin notes are visible only to Super, App, Read-only, and Mobile admins.
- HTML tags are not supported.
- Custom OIDC app integrations are not supported.